Policy & Program Manager
The policy & program manager will oversee our membership, work with policymakers and staff, and collaborate with likeminded organizations.
The mission of American Compass is to restore an economic consensus that emphasizes the importance of family, community, and industry to the nation’s liberty and prosperity. The policy and program manager is responsible for the programming that we develop to serve our broad network of aligned policy professionals and groups, including: first and foremost, our membership group; second, policymakers and staff; and third, other likeminded organizations. This role offers significant opportunity for growth within the organization, developing in-depth expertise, and establishing a public profile. The ideal candidate will have experience in policy analysis and enthusiasm for building the relationships and institutions that create momentum for political change.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as a full benefit package. The role is based in our Washington office with flexibility for some remote work.
- Expand and nurture the American Compass membership group, including recruitment and onboarding, event conception/planning/execution, and management of tech infrastructure
- Collaborate with other members of the American Compass team to develop policy recommendations; conduct research to support policy development
- Create and manage channels for sharing American Compass’s work with its broader coalition, e.g., newsletters, trainings, retreats, salon dinners, discussion groups, etc.
- Build strong relationships with members and partner organizations, providing resources and support to help them achieve their own goals
- Draft written materials and presentations to facilitate discussion of American Compass’s research and policy recommendations
- 3 to 5 years of experience working in fields that require engagement with American politics and public policy, including at least some work focused on one or more specific policy issues
- Strong understanding of, and commitment to, the American Compass mission
- Collegial and outgoing attitude and a passion for bringing together groups of people with shared interests and helping them succeed
- Combination of firm personal convictions and a spirit of intellectual generosity in engagement with people who hold widely differing views
- Ability to convey complex concepts clearly and succinctly in writing and when speaking
- Well organized, careful planner; track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.