On this episode of Critics Corner, Oren Cass is joined by University of Chicago Booth School of Business professor and private equity expert Steven Kaplan. They discuss the pros and cons of private equity, the risk of bankruptcy during leveraged buyouts, and the effects—both good and bad—on both workers and investors.
- American Compass’s work on financialization
- Confronting Coin-Flip Capitalism by Oren Cass
- A Guide to Private Equity by American Compass
- Populists Don’t Know Much About Private Equity by Steven Kaplan and Todd Henderson (Wall Street Journal)
- Debate: Does the Private Equity Industry Create Substantial Social Value? by Oren Cass and Todd Henderson (Newsweek)