On this episode of Policy in Brief, Oren Cass and Chris Griswold discuss how we should finance higher education in the U.S.
On this episode of Policy in Brief, Oren Cass and Chris Griswold discuss how we should finance higher education in the U.S. Instead of simply offering blanket student debt forgiveness, they explore how to rethink financing from the ground up. They propose treating student debt like all other debt so it can be discharged in bankruptcy, and putting colleges and universities directly on the hook for their graduates’ future success.
- American Compass policy briefs: Student Debt Relief the Old-Fashioned Way and Self-Financing by Colleges
- The Banality of Student Loans (Oren Cass, American Compass)
- A Guide to College-for-All (American Compass)
- The False Promise of Good Jobs (Oren Cass & Richard Oyeniran, American Compass)
- Colleges Should Only Succeed When Students Do (Mike Reeser, Texas State Technical College)